In any case, I've been feeling the itch to post and thought I should definitely do an end-of-year post. But my anxiety is the kind that tells me "it's been too long since you've posted! You'll never be able to catch up! Just quit!" Fuck that, brain. I'll take a short cut: 30 before 30 check in! Bonus: Resolutions!
2. Have a kid. We want to wait til after the wedding, mostly because I already have a dress that I definitely wouldn't fit into preggo, but also because I plan on switching jobs/moving after the spring semester and it'd be nice to be settled a little before bringing a little one around. Nevertheless, I'm confident we'll hit this goal.
4. Learn to sew. So I was supposed to work on this during the break and completely spaced since, you know, anxiety and depression. We'll get there! I plan on making my own Rey cosplay for SDCC this summer, so I'll probably learn then.
|I'd actually prefer her costume from the end of the film,|
but I can't find a good picture of it.
6. Own a newer car. Another reason we're waiting a little bit on kids. I definitely want something safer/more reliable before I start carting around an infant in it. My next car will be my kids' car so I'm planning according. Hopefully I can do this sometime in 2016. WE HAVE A PLAN I SWEAR!
7. Stop renting. I mean, we're not I technically renting even now, but we also don't own the place. This is another one I'd like to check off before having kids (though not necessarily before getting pregnant) so we're looking at 2016 sometime for home-ownership also. It'll all depend on how the job situation plays out. Once I get my CCCs in January, I anticipate (and really hope) that a lot of this will get a little easier to pull together.
8. Get a pet (or pets). We now have a Moose and an Echo! DONE!
9. Blog. CHECK! DONE! I know I'm not super consistent, but I always come back eventually!
12. Finish a book. NaNoWriMo! Next year, SIGH.
13. Read the Bible. Kinda forgot... hello resolution 2016! Lots of lists out there for getting it done in year!
15. Start a bonsai. I started a vegetable garden this year, that counts, right? SIGH, I'll do it.
|We're gonna do it! We already have the money saved!|
25. Pay down student loans. Yeah, this was naive. They won't be gone by 30, but I consistently pay (well over) the minimum, so they should be significantly reduced. And we'll see. Maybe we'll come across some random inheritance and I can just pay it off.
|Our holiday haul!|
30. Cut my hair. Again, happening after the wedding. It'll either be pixie or, more likely, an undercut!
Many of these won't be done until that 30th birthday (like paying down as much of my loans as I can) but I've only got 9 left! Hooray me! And some of them are resolutions for the new year, like no more renting, buying a new(er) car, writing a book, working out, and reading the Bible. So this time next year, I should be able to check off at least half of those remaining. Huzzah!
You might have notice that even though many were done last time, I've continued with the activity so make sure you still read the little update paragraph for new info. What will you be working on this coming year?