Friday, August 14, 2015

Gardening

A post populated with a proper plethora of plant photos.

This is actually my super lazy way of sticking to my commitment to post without having to put much work into it because I'm so out of the habit I kind of forgot until just now. But look at me still posting! Do I love you guys or what? Don't answer that...

First up, we have some lilies!

A daylily from my mother in law, and one of the few to only
pictured that I actually planted!

Naked ladies, how scandalous!
Followed by a random assortment of other flowering things in no particular order.

Hastas! These were much cooler/prettier in person,
Prince feathers. I hate them!
Vincas, These and the prince feathers are all along the drive and
in sidewalk cracks in addition to the flower beds. But I actually like these.
Now... ROSES!
The pink rose "bush" is ridiculously,
weirdly tall. But pretty!
The white one is more normal.
We also have a third rose plant, but it never bloomed to my knowledge. Now for all of the things that, if I knew what they were, I've since forgotten. Feel free to let me know if you do in the comments! I'm pretty curious, just not curious enough to research it so late at night, alone, in the dark. Research is scary!

Some tiny purple flowers that I loved and have since been
overtaken by the evil prince feathers!
These giant red monstrosities were pretty from a distance,
but kind of scary up close.
I know what this is, dammit. I KNOW.
But I cannot tell you because my brain won't work with me.
And finally, my favorites!

This hydrangea bloomed into everything I could have ever dreamed!
Fabulous blues and purples and greens.
Loved it more than I thought I could love any inanimate thing

PEONIES! So pretty. I was ecstatic to find we had these in our beds.
It's possibly inspired me to use them in my wedding bouquet.
Moose likes the garden too, especially when it helps him hide from the evil vacuum!

Look at that face! Oh my god, don't you just want to eat him?!
This doesn't include the vegetable garden because I wanted only pretty things, so I'll do that another time. And let me reiterate that while I love my yard and plant life, I can take almost no credit for it. Husband and I planted a few things (mostly the aforementioned vegetables) and we water and weed a little, but mostly everything popped up on it's on and has thrived that way. It's a pretty sweet arrangement. Enjoy the outdoors while the weather still allows it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment