Monday, August 17, 2015

Love Letter

How else does one return from a stupid long hiatus but by starting up a new feature! This one is called - you guessed it - Love Letters!

If the concept seems straight-forward, it is! Basically, I pick a person from my life (or perhaps my ultimate fantasy life) and write them a love letter about how much I love their lovely loving selves. It's gonna be fun! For my first installment, I choose.....

You! Pikachu!

No, I pick Husband. But he is equal in cuteness to an electric yellow Pokemon! Plus, yesterday was our one year marriage anniversary.

Dear Husband,

I'm a little loopy right now, so I apologize if this comes out silly more than affectionate, but I love you so much more than I ever thought I could love. I've never known someone so generous and kind and simultaneously ridiculous and fun. You make me smile without trying, so often I'm getting wrinkles in my 20s and I don't even care.

I spent a lot of my life feeling like I was waiting on the next step, stuck on pause until the next big event finally came to pass. After I met you, every day was the next big thing. The exciting, fulfilling event I was waiting for became simply spending my days with you.

I also spent a lot of my life grossed out by and unhappy with my body. I like to think I'm a strong enough person that I would have gotten there eventually, but you are assuredly a big part of the reason that I'm so in love with myself these days. I mean, I'm pretty fucking amazing. And now I know that because you made me believe it.

You've irreversibly changed my life to be better, happier, fuller, and more wonderful. I don't know that I can ever fully express how much you've done for me and how grateful I am. I'll just have to tell you as often as I can.


I love you.

CCW

No comments:

Post a Comment