Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Brief Account Chronicling My Recent Extended Absence

I'm lazy.

No. Well, yes, but that's not the reason I wasn't blogging. I had a bit of a breakdown in May. Flipped out. Started crying a lot. Got really upset about the complete lack of advancement I seemed to be experiencing at my job - both financially and professionally. Joined a contracting company. Got a new job that pays a LOT more and let's me stretch myself a little. Took a vacation.

It started simply, as things like this so often do for me. Someone canceled on me last minute. This started a downward spiral with seemingly reasonable thoughts at the beginning:

"Jeez, it's hard to get people to hang out these days. Or at least hard to get them hang out with me. Do they still hang out together? Am I Mindy Kaling?"

And quickly grew worse and less rational.

"It's because I'm a fucking loser. A big fat failure. I'm the only person from my classes who's struggling like this. I'm so obnoxious! Of course they don't want to hang out with me."


source

So I gave myself a bit of a break. But now I'm back! Most likely... And I have some house cleaning to do:

1. Style me still hasn't sent out any new email inspiration, so I will try to post under that heading occasionally but it's less fun when I'm not trying to fit some theme. I'll let you know if/when that changes, and I'm leaving the feature up for the time being.

2. Daily Smile will DEFINITELY be back.

3. With the exception of this update, full posts will be back on the Monday/Friday Schedule.

4. I PROMISE - cross my heart and hope to die! - that I will be adding to the Street Harassment series, which currently only has one installment.

I pretty much covered life events with the barrage of information at the top of this post but I'll also mention that we've decided to get a cat, our dog cut his tongue open - he's fine but the amount of blood scared the bejeezus out of me - we've started weekly game nights, and I did, in fact, finish P90X. I've even kept off the pounds I lost!

To appease your no doubt crippling curiosity, here's the story of our vacation and here is Moose on his:


What have you been up to during my hiatus? See you soon for more, my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment