Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Sangria

In honor of the holidays, the ridiculous amount of liquor my in-laws and I purchased yesterday, and because I want to, I made myself some Christmas Sangria! I used some shockingly good bag wine we got as a gift for watching dogs for a friend - that's right, FIVE DOGS at my house! - as well as a tart apple, Soda Stream diet lemon lime, and St. Elder. St. Elder is an elderflower liquor that I'm taste-testing as a St. Germain replacement. I love Germain so much, but it is a-pricey. Elder is cheaper, and not quite as smooth, but it's pretty tasty considering. 

It was just a happen confluence of circumstances that we had all this.
The final result is really good and it's easy to make a single dose instead of a whole pitcher. I don't have exact measurements, if you want to try it, just adjust the ingredients to your taste!


I'm unofficially giving myself the next week off to celebrate the holidays with my family. I've got Christmas and my anniversary coming up, plus I start my new job this week. I may or may not post Dailys, but they will be intermittent if they come and I promise nothing. Happy Holidays all!

No comments:

Post a Comment