Monday, December 8, 2014

Southern Kitchen

My MiL (Mother-in-law) and I went out the other day to try a new place in our area: Hadley's Southern Kitchen. You guys, I've said in the past - though not on here - that despite being born and living over 90% of my life in the south, I don't like southern food. Mostly, I'm not crazy about the greens. People down here go nuts for that stuff, but I can't stand it. I also don't care for "real" cornbread - I like the sweet, cakey kind that Jiffy makes. But holy crap, was this place good!

My lunch!
I got the chicken tender dinner which comes with two sides. The breading on the chicken has an herb blend in it that is delicious, and the chicken itself - despite being all white meat which I don't typically care for - was super moist and tasty. The honey mustard was a perfect pairing, and I look forward to trying the barbeque. I got TN white beans and mac-n-cheese for my sides. Oh my goodness, it's been so many years since I've had white beans I kind of forgot about them, but they were so good! And the mac-and-cheese may be the best I've ever had. My MiL had their southern cobb and loved it, and we also try the spinach dip and sweet potato chip appetizer and loved that. If you live in the area, you should definitely try this place. I didn't have room for more, but they're desserts look amazing, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment