Saturday, March 7, 2015

TWLOHA

TWLOHA stands for To Write Love On Her Arms. It's a charitable organization devoted to education about and help for those suffering from depression. I know I haven't discussed it at length, but I think it's pretty clear from some of my other posts that I have experience with depression. So I have been a quiet supporter ever since I became aware of TWLOHA years ago through a Facebook friend.

More recently I discovered that THE JARPAD (Jared Padalecki, Supernatural star) was also a supporter. And a much more vocal and helpful one than I at that. He's recently started a charitable shirt sale campaign to raise money for the group. I think he got inspired by his CW buddy, Arrow star, and social media guru Stephen Amell, who is featured in JP's cover photo and who also uses his star power for good by raising money for cancer research and treatment. But I digress - as usual.

This is the shirt
He posted the photo above on Facebook with info about the campaign (status here and campaign here) and I was so excited to be at a point in my life where I have enough income to both feed myself and donate to charity. Plus this was a charity near and did to my heart, yet I'd never done anything to show real support for them. So I ordered one!

Hooray!
As you can see, the campaign has already met it's goal, but there are still 10 more days if you want to contribute!

No comments:

Post a Comment