Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Donuts!

This is the first post of my new daily feature, Daily Smile!

The idea was inspired by the 100 Happy Days challenge, in which you take and post of picture of at least one thing each day for 100 days that makes you happy. The idea is supposed to be that you learn to focus on the positive. I recently completed the challenge and I have to say it was a success! I'm so in the habit of finding at least one happy photo a day, I thought I'd continue the practice here on my blog.

Just some house keeping: The Daily Smile posts will appear on my home page with the regular updates. They can also be found under the Daily Smile tab found at the top of the page if you need to catch up on several at once and/or want a visual pick-me-up! The posts will also typically be photos captured the day before, for the sake of posting them in a timely manner, as often the thing that makes me smile happens later in the day and I'm trying to get better about publishing posts at least by lunchtime. They will also (almost) always be photos I take myself, so unless indicated otherwise, assume my life is the source. Here we go!

Today's Smile are the donuts Fiance and I made last night. They are homemade yeast donuts with homemade banana cream filling and homemade vanilla glaze. Did I mention they were homemade? They're crazy delicious!

The donuts with filling, but before we glazed them

With glaze! We've had to limit ourselves to eating 
one a day, but they're still disappearing fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment