Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Dreams

In honor of today, I thought I'd share a couple of my creepiest dreams. But in order to give myself a little bit of break (since I have plans most of the day) I'll also be porting them in from my old site. 


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Laughter of Children

Me and some guy (some guy I know, although I can't remember who) were putting on a performance.  It was a dinner theater I guess.  The shape of the building was kind of like a U but not.  Two large dining rooms at each end of a slender hall which also had some tables and the entrance to the stairs that went down to the kitchen.  I was in the western room setting up.  We were playing (him) Death and (me) some kind of dark fey.  I tormented death and convinced him to take more lives.  In context, it was a very well known story, but I couldn't tell you now.

source
Something like this
The time for the performance came and we began.  The lines were nothing we had practiced yet I knew them by heart.  It became real.  People in the audience started dying as we "took" them, and fed on them.  Then we got a distress call from the Library.

Picture the library as a huge underground structure, something in the vein of the Hive from Resident Evil 1.  I left Death and teamed up with a couple of professors and several Students of the DWMA, as well as this guy:

source
And we started exploring.  We found hundreds, thousands of dead bodies.  All children, sitting at various stations, computers or desks, dropped dead and decaying for no reason.  I wasn't kidding when I compared it to Resident Evil guys.  So we're crossing this huge bridge above a giant pool of water.  When I say giant, I mean probably about a mile long and about a half mile across.  On the other end was the archive.  I don't know what the professor discovered there but it terrified him and he said we had leave. 

By now the children were moving.  Professor #2 said he knew a way to stop them, to counteract the witch's spell.  So yeah... guess a witch murdered thousands of kids just to get to us?  Professor #2 called them.  Literally, just somehow set it up so that every single phone rang.  And there were enough phones that each kid had one to answer.  Apparently that's how the witch controlled them.  When they picked up they when into some kind of trance and wouldn't move until they received her instructions.  We all walked very carefully and quietly around them back to the entrance, intending to seal it and burn it to the ground. 

source
Why did we want to burn them? THAT'S WHY!
Seriously though, that's exactly what they looked like.
Once we got to the entry room, she was there with two little girls designed to trap us.  We managed to run past them, but when we got outside, Scar was hurt.  I touched him and he turned to me with one eye clouded over completely white, like a giant cataract.  He stabbed me in the gut before the others killed him.  Then the witch attacked us, flying through the air.  The only thing we had to fight with were ridiculously long broom handles, so I broke one in half and used the pieces as two longswords.  Why didn't we bring weapons on our DISTRESS CALL?  Because apparently I can kick some major butt with broom handles.  Witch went doooo-own!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Fear

Two teenage girls in a town in the mountains wanted to ride snowmobiles and they decided to steal them from this old man in town because they didn't have one.  I don't know why the old man did, but anyway, when they got back to town, everyone was gone.  It was night.

They come across this hooded figure, and one girl starts screaming.  Her friend turns to her and all her flesh is being... pulled, I guess? Down her right arm, like its getting sucked off of her.  BUT there are extra parts!  Like too many eyes and fingers, and for some reason she screams "even with all the eyes I can't see!"

Then I woke up.  I'm at my dad's (although it has the layout of my mom's house...), and somehow I know the dream was real and that the thing is coming after us, so I tell my dad and we set up shop on the back porch to watch for it.  It's a screened in porch so its almost like a room and its well lit, but as we sit there it starts to get darker and I couldn't tell you how I know but I can feel that my dad is somehow being turned by the darkness from the creature so I make an excuse to go inside and get away from him.  I go to the stairs by the front door intending to go to the second floor and make sure my brothers are still alive when something starts pounding on the door.

For some reason I decide to open it and its my mom and she says "Oh thank God you're all alive!"  My brothers come walking down the stairs and my dad comes in and every one is ok.  We're smiling and laughing and I happen to glance toward the porch

The hooded creature is opening the back door.


Then I woke up.

To this day the image of that thing coming in the door terrifies me.  It was sort of dementor-esque, but this was still a couple of years before Prisoner of Azkaban was published, so some part of my brain made them up from nowhere.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Feel free to share your scary memories, dreamed, imagined, or otherwise, in the comments. Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Woke up in a panic earlier this week because I had a dream that Todd had sold his soul to Satan and there were now demon duplicates of us running around. I couldn't find the real Todd, but his demon duplicate was a cannibal. Or I guess he wasn't, since he wasn't technically human....at any rate, he was killing and eating people. Oh - and we were Peeta and Katniss, not Todd and Sarah. A small girl demon was chasing me around a mall trying to murder me. Somehow it all connected back to a cross stitch my mom had made me when I was a baby...I went with my old kindergarten teacher to throw it off a cliff but was like "Aww...but it's so nice, and she worked so hard on it - maybe we can fix all this without destroying this." So we wrapped it in burlap and hid it in a barn. And at some point I was trying to cross the interstate on foot to get to an art show with one of the artists that has shown at our gallery. But I'm not really sure how that ties in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I watch SN and demons don't figure into my dreams that much, lol.

      Delete