Saturday, October 25, 2014

Maze Runner

Fiance and I went to see The Maze Runner this week because his Regal Rewards gave him a free ticket. We didn't know anything about the movie until cruising Fandango the day before to select our free film. We were both curious what such a movie could be about, so we watched a preview. It seemed cool, so we decided to skip The Equalizer and see Maze Runner instead.

Fiance and I in front of the poster. I know you can't tell, but it's the best we could do.
Isn't that picture terrible? But we took like 5 and they didn't get better, so here we are!
You guys, it was SO GOOD. I've since discovered, as even the most cursory Google search will tell you, it's based on a book trilogy - which I now plan on reading during my flight to California. The movie makes it obvious there is more to the story at the end, but I won't share anything else because you really just need to see it. If you haven't read the books before, I would really recommend that you don't even look them up before the movie. Knowing nothing about the story going in made it a lot more fun. If you have read the books, it seems to be regarded by others in the know as a pretty faithful recreation.

P.S. Bonus to seeing Maze Runner - The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies has a preview before this movie and is was AWESOME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment