Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Weird Dinner

Last night, Fiance and I made an unusual but satisfying dinner. Japanese style curry chicken and vegetables with sticky sushi rice, and walnut nutella-swirl cookies for dessert. 

I did not eat all those cookies, I was just piling them all on one plate as they came out of the oven.
To be honest, the cookies didn't turn out great. I'm convinced it was the chocolate morsels we used. I started with a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe - adding chopped walnuts and a nutella swirl, hence the name - but had to substitute chocolate candy melts as we were out of chips. I've used some before and it worked out great. After all, though formed differently, candy melts are designed for melting and/or baking. But these... They've been sitting in the pantry a while, and you know how chocolate gets almost dried out and chalky/rancid after a while? I suspect that's what happened, especially since the raw batter - as evidence by licking it off my fingers and which did not include any chocolate chunks - tasted amazing. I'll try this again with fresher ingredients and let you know. The curry, at least, was outstanding, so I'm still Smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment