Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Friends Questionnaire part 6

Here we are at last, the final chapter. Read my previous answers here, find the list I'm working from here, and as always, comment with your answers below and feel free to ask me about anything I haven't covered. I promise I'll respond to the question, though I may not actually answer it depending on what you ask.

26. What's the weirdest thing you've ever done on a date?
This is an odd question for me because I've never really done dates. I've had only 2 relationships, both long term, and both started kind of amorphously. There was no dating stage, we just "hung out" and on some indeterminate day morphed into a couple. There was one random before all this. Some guy I met my junior year (I think) took me to a sushi place (I think) where he paid (I think). I don't even remember his name, or if he actually asked me out, but I do remember getting ready with a bit of apprehension because I was thinking of it as a date. I remember almost nothing about it, and I don't know that anything weird happened. So I'll say the weirdest thing I did was waiting until 20 years of age to go on a date.

(source)
27. What do you hope to achieve by 50?
I don't know that I have one specific thing. Being that I am currently half that age, I would hope I'd achieved a lot of things by then. I would say "be employed" but that's just because I'm disappointed by my current job search, and honestly if it takes that long to find a job, I'll probably be dead before 50. Other goals I first thought of include things like: be married, have kids, and own a home. But again, I hope to achieve all of that much sooner than 50. How about travel? By 50, I hope to have been out of the country at least once - preferably several times - and see the Grand Canyon.

(source)
28. What has been your best moment this year (so far)?
Despite my current rut, I've actually had a lot of good moments this year. Passing my grad school comprehensive exams (comps), passing the Praxis, and graduating from grad school. But my all-time best for the year, and probably even my life thus far, has to be getting engaged to Fiance. I've said it before and I will again, he's easily the best person I know and the best thing to happen to me. If you're curious about the specifics of the proposal, I actually posted the story a while back (when it happened) and you can read all about it here.

My family wanted tons of pictures, so the event is pretty well documented.
29. Would you rather be stuck in traffic for 2 hours, or have Chipotle run out of guacamole?
I'm not sure I've ever eaten at Chipotle, and I know I don't like guac on a burrito - dip only please! - so I'm going with option B. I'm from Memphis, so angry aggressive driving has been programmed into me. I don't need 2 hours of traffic to bring it out, and I definitely don't want to exacerbate the problem.

(source)

30. Why are you so amazing?!
Good genes, good jeans, and hard work! Plus, I come packing an interesting and effective combination of persistence and easy-going-ness (I just made up a word, probably). And! I'm a kick-ass blogger! Right?

Yes, that is Fiance and I dressed as Black Widow and Captain Hammer.
We attended GMX a couple of years back, and it was pretty awesome.

2 comments:

  1. 26. I met my now husband while on a date with another man, so there's that.
    27. Can I hope to be retired by 50? That's much too soon, but it's more about $$$ than years, so if we save and save and save and make good financial decisions maybe I can retire early?? Especially if Todd opens his own shop and it does impressively well. #Optimism At the very least I want all my children out of my house.
    28. Ugggggh.... Not get fired? I got a pretty sweet raise this year, but only because they denied my request to work from home, so that's a bit of a draw. I've managed to go all year without getting pregnant, so *high five*.
    29. I don't particularly like guacamole. But being stuck in traffic for two hours wouldn't really be the end of the world. Would they be permanently out, or just for one visit? Because if it's permanent that probably means something bad has happened globally regarding the ag industry. So I would gladly be stuck in traffic. I think this question is stupid and I'm tired of thinking about it.
    30. There's no short answer to this. Just know I'm awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about setting "no kids in my house" as a goal as well, but I figure that has more to do with meeting my goal of when I want to get pregnant than anything else.

      30 is a tough answer, for the exact reason you said. Something like, a culmination of all 6 parts of this series. Can't you guys just tell by now?

      Delete