Thursday, September 25, 2014

TBT - Blackout Game

I thought I'd finally join the Throwback Thursday trend - several months/years late - via the Daily Smile! This particular photo is from this same time back in '08 (geez, that was 6 years ago! Doesn't feel like it) at MTSU's blackout game. MTSU's main color is blue, so when they played another team that wore blue, our side changed to black uniforms. The fans supported our boys by also wearing black attire, hence the name "blackout." I honestly wouldn't remember the experience at all if it weren't for the photographic evidence contained herein - thanks, concussion!

Mrs. Wilson and I at the game. Doesn't look like she was sporting black, but who knows?
Despite being in the world famous BoB (band of blue), and therefore attending most games for 2 years, I really didn't pay much attention to football. It was mostly an obligation for me be there, or at best, a social event. Still, the games were typically a lot of fun. Especially the second half, when I didn't have to worry about performing anymore.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe I had a black jacket? I tried to find another shot of me and failed, but I *did* find this picture of you from that same game, wearing blue!! Only my FB friends can see it, though.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=558680527965&l=0d1b0a2bab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Figured out how to make links in comments. But I can't edit anything, so whatever. @NoRagrets

      Delete
    2. Oh for the love of Moses... #NoRagrets

      Delete
    3. LOL, this whole chain was thoroughly amusing to me so thank you. I'm very glad randos can't see that picture, and who cares if I had a blue hoodie, I WORE BLACK LIKE I WAS SPOSED TO! :P You probably did have something, it's too easy a thing for you to just have not done it.

      Delete
    4. Yeah, considering you put a hoodie on at one point and I was wearing a spaghetti-strap tank-top....I must have a jacket somewhere. There's just no proof. Ah, well.

      Delete