Monday, September 1, 2014

Friends Questionnaire 2

Here's another part of my series that's not really a series in which I answer questions from this list in order to let you get to know me better! After my abuse series, you should know me pretty well, but there is always more to learn, right? I've also added a tab for this series under "Get To Know Me", so they can be easily located.

6. Would you rather get lunch with Gillian Flynn or J.K. Rowling?
Not going to lie, given that I had no idea who Flynn was before looking her up in order to answer this question, I've got to go with Rowling. I'm a pretty huge HP fan anyway, so I doubt it would have been much of a contest even if I had known the other author. Plus, J.K. is an fantastic person on top of being an amazing writer. She gives so much money away she's not even a billionaire anymore, you guys! I mean, she's still pretty crazy rich, but most people in her position still wouldn't donate so much. And there was that thing were she wrote a girl who lost her family a letter from Dumbledore! How mind-blowingly awesome can one lady be? Not to say that Flynn doesn't do good works, but I don't know about them so for the purposes of this post, they don't count!

(source)
7. What's your most embarrassing childhood memory?
I'm not embarrassed by my childhood, really. Partly because I don't remember it super well (hooray concussions!), but also because gaining distance from an event, as well as a little (stress little) bit of maturity makes things that probably once bothered me less significant. I'll share one that I think used to embarrass me but I now just find funny. That is the time I ran away from home and no one noticed. I was some angsty young child for about a day and a half and I thought I'd leave. I snuck out the door after leaving some melodramatic note in an ill-conceived plan to show them all how much they'd miss me when I was gone! I walked to the end of my street and, with the naivety and poor planning of a child, hid in the trees in a stranger's yard. I got bored and eventually went back after what felt like a few hours, but given the lack of change in positions on the part of my family, was probably about 15 minutes. I was mildly annoyed they hadn't noticed, but mostly tired. And that was the end of it. I think I remember telling my mother about it a few years after the fact and us laughing about it.

It felt exactly this dramatic at the time
(source)
8. If you had the option of adopting a baby fox or a baby koala, which one would you choose?
Easy! A fox. They are much more similar to the class of pets I'm used to now (dog and cats), plus adorable! And koalas are kind of really stupid, even if they are cuddly looking. and I think the eucalyptus they eat makes them some weird marsupial version of high or drunk most of the time. I'm not cleaning up after a drunk animal with climbing skills! No thank you.*

This is what the fox says, ok? And it's adorable!

9. What's your dream job?
Geez, I don't even know. My instinct is to say writer, since about half of my 30 before 30 list consists of writing goals. And I do enjoy it. But I don't know how much I'd really enjoy it as a career. I also really like working as a receptionist. And I love being an SLP. Honestly, I don't think I'm the type to have a dream job. I just want something that pays well enough to facilitate my other life goals, and that's about it. Although working somewhere like Dunder-Mifflin would be pretty ballin'!

The best of two worlds!
(source)
10. Who is your favorite mythological god/goddess?
It's been a while since I studied mythology, and I seem to remember they were all kind of dicks anyway. Can I pick no one? I guess if you twist my arm I would say Athena. She's a powerful lady with brains to boot. Goddess of wisdom and war, can't beat that for a role-model! Twist my arm a little further, and if I can have the Marvel Cinematic Universe versions, I'm a sucker for Thor and Loki too. I do just generally find Norse lore super interesting, so it's NOT just because they're pretty. But they are really pretty!

An artist's rendering of Athena
(source)
My posts are always interactive in that comments are welcome, but the ones in this series especially so. Tell me about yourself by answering the same questions in the comments!

*I did a little research, and apparently the drunk thing isn't true. It's just another manifestation of tiny koala brains!



Part 1 here.

4 comments:

  1. 6. Gonna go with Rowling because I've never heard of the other one and am too lazy to look her up.
    7. These sort of things just come to me in flashes, you know? Like I'll be driving down the road and my brain will go "Oh, hey - remember THIS?!" "Oh God, nooooo...whyyyyy....ugh...." and then I don't think about it again for months or years. All that to say - I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Oh! I cut a chunk out of my hair once and told Mom it was because gum got stuck in it, when really I just did it because it was sticking up funny when I got up that morning.
    8. Fooooooox. I've wanted a fennec fox for forEVER.
    9. I'm with you on this one. My dream job would be to not work and either win the lotto or marry into money. Since I don't buy lottery tickets and my husband is an artist, I doubt I'll be able to quit my job any time soon.
    10. I'm going to go with Loki from the I Bring the Fire series. Although Thor is pretty hilarious in that, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's more like real mythology Loki. If I picture him looking like Tom Hiddleston (which I know he doesn't) I like him a lot. I like him anyway though.

      Delete
    2. I like to imagine him as a ginger. But that's just me. I have a thing for guys with freckles.

      Delete
    3. I like ginger guys, too. Not sure why there are people that don't. Freckles are the cutest!

      Delete